All Red Star speech and drama programs (private and groups) involve vocal warm-ups, voice projection work, facial muscle and technical speech work, breathing practise, improvisation, character expression, mime, movement, rehearsal of performances and for older children and adults – sight reading of prose and poetry. Each student is given personal observation and feedback time. For children this will occur with both the child and parents or carers (outside of class time).
- We will work with Red Star diploma, private and professional students on a highly individual basis to identify specific goals, strengths, needs and fears
- All Red Star students can work toward examination by Trinity College London for graded exams through to diploma level qualifications (performance, teaching or public speaking)
- Trinity College London Diplomas are recognised across the world and are equivalent to one year at university in the United Kingdom
- Work can be focussed on breathing technique, facial expressions, voice projection, speech development, movement, deportment, sight-reading or empathy and character development (or a combination of them all!) – we will help and support you to find it within yourself to grow where you need to
- For Teaching Diploma students, we will also support you to prepare for your written examinations regarding best practice teaching methodologies and literary studies
- Students will be guided through a personally tailored program that embraces creative energy and prepares students (if so desired) for auditions, eisteddfods, presentations and performances
- We will help this group of Red Stars in particular, to develop and harness individual techniques that can be drawn upon for any occasion – the Red Star Actor’s Tool Kit
- We will also work with students individually as needed, to prepare for eisteddfods, auditions, parts in productions and / or to develop specific technical skills or character portrayals
What about help to build a professional portfolio?
- We will happily connect you with exceptional local artists to present your unique edge in a highly professional portfolio
- This can include character preparation and design for portfolio photography shoots, set design and striking make-up
- We are also members of multiple local screening organsations and ACTDA, the ACT arm of Drama Australia